COMMENT DIT-ON EN FRENCH?
Interested in the French culture and language in Honolulu?
The Alliance Française of Hawaii has dozens of francophiles who regularly get together to share experiences, brush-up on their accent, or simply have a good time.
Take a look at what we have planned for you!
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
French Friday: La France Contemporaine
‘Iolani School (Sullivan Center, 3rd Floor Seminar Room), Honolulu HI
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
French Friday: Walking the Camino de Santiago
Ilima Hotel, Waikiki, Honolulu HI
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
French Friday: La Fête de la Musique
Hsi Houshold, Honolulu HI
Submit Your Ideas / AFH Discussion Thread
French Word of the Day
- mitigé: mixed
- barbouillé: queasy
- potelé: chubby
- rétrécir: to shrink
- se tordre de rire: to writhe with laughter
- la panne sèche: running out of gas
- la crémaillère: housewarming party
- la permission: permission
- le vernissage: opening (of a show)
- l’exposition: exhibit
- la rentrée: start of the school year
- inaugurer: to launch
- la randonnée: hike
- l’employé de bureau: office employee
- surprendre: to surprise